RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's try again DL-50
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Stick Bender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's try again DL-50

ORIGINAL: raypadro

I'm also building the CMPRO extra 330l 80" wingspan.Which do you think are good servos for that plane. The least inexpensive that do the work.Do you think that Hitec 645 in rudder and 625 everything else would do the job?

Also is a 24oz. fuel tank too big for that plane.I don't receive my DL 50 yet but is going to be here soon,Bob at DLUSA already send it to me.
The short answer is probably yes. If you set your linkage geometry up properly (servo arm shorter than control horn to have enough leverage with the 625's) but I have to say. My experience trying to save money on servos was bad. I tried 635's first (no good on gas, never use HB series servos with gasoline not 635's for sure) karbonite gear on elevator servo stripped, crashed plane. Went to 645's, better but slow and gear train was sloppy after just 1 season. So now I have all those servos just sitting there, waste of money. Put a 5955 on the rudder and 5985's on the others, make sure you have the power system for digitals and I believe you will have a much better experience with your plane. I'm running all mine off of 2 4.8v ni/mh 1400's on a dual failsafe, redundant Fromeco wolvering switch (easily seen in pic above)

If your just going to do sport flying and mild aerobatics the 645,625 combo should be fine. If you want to 3D you need digitals (in my opinion) I love the "instant response" I get from the digitals and I love flying my plane now. If fast twitchy response sounds like a bad thing, maybe digitals aren't for you. I'm also suprised how much rudder blowback I was getting with the 645, the 5955 holds it firm wherever I chose.

Scott