RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max 55 AX issues
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Sarosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS Max 55 AX issues

Thanks guys, you all have been very helpful! Yesterday when i did test runs, i didnt use the temp gun to tune it. only pinch method and tach, and found it to run best at 3 turns out. i guess i was trying too hard to get to near the 1.5 range and 16000 rpm, before because i was thinking of the specs on the engine is what its supposed to be at, but like said its only marketing advertised spec. So i will have to live with the set up it runs at now. Also get some castor for my remainder 1 gallon unopen cool power. But i think i am going to the lhd here in town to see if they have any castor blend fuel before i mix this gallon with castor yet. I still fly the heli.

If i were to mix, what ratio should i use? Is there a known specific fuel that works the best with OS engines in case i see it in the store.

DarZeelon, I'll try and get some pictures of the cowl today.

I am going to go shopping today and fly it without the cowl today, see how it goes, maybe put it aside after a flight or 2 and fly the heli which i have not flown in couple weeks. There is abstousley no wind today!!

Speedster 1919 yea Brainerd International Raceway is what we have here, plus some other motorsports tracks. I am not sure if these shops are open today. its off season and saturday. I will check into them though. Also i have been looking into Saito 92 and 100, seems to be the best choice for climbing performance.