RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Ultimate 120 gas only thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM
busted blade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Ultimate 120 gas only thread

Yep, Even with the 2700 battery up front it was real close but was slightly nose heavy. I didnt care for the plastic fuel tank fittings so I had a spare tank from my SIG extra that I used. I think the stock tank is 430 cc and the SIG tank is 450cc. only slight bigger. I dont have any time limits on a tank yet still too new and runnning really rich, so its most likely using a lot more fuel than it normally does.

I just finished re-checking and going over everything and resetting control throws, I am amazed it flew as good as it did!!! LOL. Knife edge flight was horrible the other day, Hopefully I have that solved. Elevator servos didnt have even throws causing them to be way off. I now have everything set to the instructions except I boosted the rates up a tad. Just when you think you have it finished, it really does pay to check things twice.

Another thing I am thinking of doing is to CA the brass fittings into the main wings, I am afraid one day they might try to rotate and that would be bad.

My setup so far:

LOW RATE:

Ailerons.....3/4 up, 5/8 down
elevator......1 3/8" up, 1 3/8" down
Rudder........2.5 both directions

HIGH RATE:

Ailerons.....1" up, 7/8 down
Elevator.....1 3/4" up, 1 3/4" down
rudder....... 3.5 both directions

I run a fair amount of expo (30%) so it does tame it down alot. But you have the throw if you need it. I wont get a chance to put it in the air Until this weekend. Judging from how it flew last weekend It should be even better now.

Please, Dont let me talk you into a motor you dont want. But so far I am personally very happy with the 125 in this plane.