RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
macawvet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Boy was I sorry I found this thread AFTER I had done business with NE Sailplane. I have had nothing but disappointments since I started ordering from them. One thing I noticed is that Sal likes to try to get people to order much more expensive items then what you originally wanted. I ordered a Barracuda. Oddly, no charges appeared to my account. After 2 weeks I called to see what was going on. I found out that it was out of stock, and would be for months. They didn't even e-mail me to tell me. Sal offered to sell me a Dragonfly, which I'm sure is a fine plane, but it is almost 3 times as expensive.
I purchased a Lynx-e from them and had them build it for me. $350 dollars for the build and test fly. When it arrived, it was clear the plane had never been tested. The right flap was wired backward. When I test ran the motor, the gearbox separated and the motor, spinning inside the body, tore the wires out of the speed control. The CG was 3" rearward from the suggested point. Now in fairness they did send me a new speed control quickly, but I feel I did not get what I paid for.
Oh, and what was mentioned earlier about being a small company and dealing with people. I am a sole practitioner of a vet office. I have 4000+ clients. Are all happy? No, of course not. But I keep the vast majority of them happy with customer service, advice, etc. and am available 10 hours a day for my clients. If something is not to their liking, I will do whatever I can to make it right if the customer is willing to help. Being small is NO EXCUSE! In fact, I use the small size of my business for extra personal service.