View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Magnum tank installation

ORIGINAL: bob27s

MJD......

great post. I received a few questions about that recently. I guess quite a few folks ran into foaming issues with the Magnums they were picking up off of the auctions.
I never bothered trying with the supplied clunk tank so have no input on that setup, I just put in a bladder tank from the get-go. 8 ounces is plenty for Magnum flights, you run out of amusing things to do with it before the fuel is gone*. I am also totally AR about prop balancing, and the engine runs silky smooth. I trust nobody even thinks about using plastic spinners.. [:'(] I also recall Weston advised that the props never touch the spinner opening as this causes a wear/stress point which can lead to puking a blade - made sense. I've run 9-6, 8-9 and 8-8 props so far with no problems other than the darn things snap when they hit the ground first on landing. I still have not got to my pylon prop trials, got distracted by a few other things. Manana, manana..

MJD

* occasionaly I find myself wondering how cool it would be to see it do a terminal dive at full throttle from 1000 feet and pile in about 100 feet in front of me with the camera rolling. [>:]