RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual Frequency Tx and Rx.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 12:17 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual Frequency Tx and Rx.

A local electronics wizard came up with a neato invention. It was a special receiver and Tx module with two crystals for two frequencies. I do not have a clue to how it worked, but some kind of failsafe or glitch counter was in the circuit and whenever it sensed trouble, the system switched over to the other frequency. I believe the Tx always transmitted on the 2 channels but the receiver only heard one at a time.

Recently, the guy has tossed that thing out of the window because now he is modifying brand receivers and Tx modules themselves to carry out that function. We will test this thing shortly in a little white trainer, but this guy is a real professional and his stuff really works well. Unfortunately, he is truly the mad scientist type when it comes to marketing and never really understands the commercial value of his inventions.

Has anyone else ever seen something like this in hobby R/C usage? This sounds like a really nice idea to protect those big money airplanes. Aside from hogging two pins, I can't think of anything negative about the system.

Mark