RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who makes the best 33-35% plane?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 12:10 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Wildhare Extra

Originally posted by jemo
http://www.wildharerc.com/
Thanks for the plug, whoever you are. For the folks in this group who don't know us, Wild Hare R/C is my company. We've been selling a 35% Giles G202 for several months, that was our first plane. Today I got to open the first new 35% Extra (the second plane in our evolving line) off the production line (I had one airfreighted in for inspection). If I do say so myself, this is the most feature rich plane available, with many design and manufacturing features that we hope will put us at the front ofthe class.

Here's what you get for $995.

Laser cut lite ply and balsa construction, aircraft ply firewall and gear plates (with aluminum angles on the gear to hold it all together), plenty of room (and I mean plenty) for canister mufflers, probably the easiest plane around to put cans in.

Covered in Ultracoat, assembled with Epoxy and CA (no hot glue), firewall thrust angle is preset, firewall is tab-and-slotted into motor box sides so it's not coming out.

Here's the neat part. It's all set up internally with all trays and mounts to accept dual receivers, three different rudder servo layouts, dual 32oz fuel tanks (gas and smoke), switch mounts installed.
You can put together a professional quality airplane with no glueing other than the hinges.

The plane is styled much like the 40% Carden Extra with the rounded cowl, but the rudder is more Extra looking.

All the control surfaces are enlarged for great 3d performance too.

I know this sounds like a commercial, but you guys should give it a look.

It was meant to be a next generation version of the Radiocraft Extra and at a lower price, with more features, and finished (not just ARC) it's an excellent value.

Shipment due in to US end of April.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare R/C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	66421_8448.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	40280