RCU Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:35 AM
USHobbySupply

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Ok, finally got some time to try this topic out from earlier. (only cause its 1:30 am)

Got my AR6100t RX from my CX2 rebound to the tx. I'm not sure it was ever bound correctly. Its much better now!

Moved my RX from the CX2 to a Falcon40/W#4, with the following product:
http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...roducts_id=247

I was afraid that the CX2 TX did some type of internal mixing to account for the offset from 90degree swash. But it seems to work fine

I was only able to hook up the tail motor, but from bench testing, this thing will FLY!

New frankenheli in the works!

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: gpach

The only way it would work then would be to migrate the 3-1 and the reciever from my cx2 over. I don't know enough to know if the current rating etc of the 3-1 would be able to handle the main rotor motor.

Will leave well enough alone and just fly (well maybe chase it around the floor) with the electronics it comes with.

Regards

Michael, can you reccomend a spares package for the falcon? Not sure what all I will need put presumably at least the following

- 2 sets main rotors
- 1 tail rotor motor
- 2 tail rotors

I know with my cx2 I have a problem landing skids (maybe the problem isn't the skids but my landings), how are the skids on the falcon?

As well read somewhere on here that the bearings in the main head tend to jump off and get lost, is there a mod to stop this?

Regards

Sorry guys, i headed off to bed last night.

I'm not sure whether you would have to migrate the CX 3&1 over also, or whether it would work. I will try tonight around 7:00 pm (edt) with My BCX Spectrum RX and the Eflite 3&1 i posted about earlier.

As far as spares, where is what i went through often, in order of importance:

Blades
Top frame connectors
Main shafts (with gear)
Tail blades
tail gear (they fly off never to be found again)
Frames

ORIGINAL: Bones27
UShobbysupply carries them for the Falcon and they were giving you a free set of blades with purchase of Super Skids, not sure if that is still going on though.
Yes, that deal is still in effect.

ORIGINAL: Bones27
Mr. Bernsteein, why wouldn't the CX2 TX work with the CX2 RX and the unit you sugested above on the Falcon?
The original CX2 transmitter may or may not work depending on its internal mixing. The cx2 also has a 90 degree swash, but its not at the same angle as the Falcon40/Walkera#4.
But, its all very interesting and definitely worth a try tonight.