RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Bates Bearcat
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Dave G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry Bates Bearcat

Paul, As a matter of fact, I think it was your photos that led to my "system" for the actuator. The difference being my cowl flaps are part of the fuselage, hence I'll attach the actuators to the firewall with a pair or short links to the cowl flaps. Look at the picture in post #20.
On yours, I can see (in my mind) a 1/4" plywood "lifesaver" bonded to the inside of the cowl that the actuators are attached to so the system stays with the cowl when the cowling is removed. The only other way I can see it working (with out putting the situation to a committee) is to have the cowl sectioned. You know, the cowl flaps would stay attached to the portion of the cowling but the rest of the cowl could be removed.
And yeah, I'll stick with the line "Great minds think alike".

Lee, Thanks for the kind words. I'm not a special builder... I just like building. It must be in my blood. Like I mentioned before, this has been a dream project of mine for years and is my 37th "scale" r/c model. Some things get a little easier with repetition. Pick a kit you like and start it. You may put it away for a while, but it'll be there when you want to work on it again.
As for trading a build project for a youngin'... Send me a scan of their hands. There's all sorts of spots where tiny fingers are required! LOL