RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Unofficial" Vulcan 450SE, Pigeon 450, GL450 Thread
Old 10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Dale_G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Unofficial" Vulcan 450SE, Pigeon 450, GL450 Thread

ORIGINAL: TEKoosed

Thanks for the info....busy weekend....will try and get to photographing the fiberglass canopy I just received.

I took your advice and ordered the ESC-Castle Creations Phoenix 35 and the Battery/Charger FMA Direct Cellpro 4s charger and Cellpro Revolution 3s 2100mah Li-Po pack.

Still trying to decide on the gyro though I am leaning towards the Logictec 6100t .

I haven't done anything on the bird yet except the basic assembly of what came with it.

I am going to finish setting and securing all the screws and so forth with Locktite.

Also...the Finless videos are giving me a great education.

As I said before...I am in no hurry since I do not plan on flyingthe Vulcan till next spring...I have a cheap "toy" I can goof around with till then....
I just flew off one battery pack hovering on the ground and one pack with my mentor using a trainer cord. He took control quite a few times, but I did make some improvement. Really helps having someone show you how! He would fly it to 20 or 40' off the ground then give control to me for a few seconds, which was all it took for me to get into trouble!

Those Finless Bob vids are great. He deserves an award.

The logictec 6100t is their top of the line. I have a 2100t which is more than adequate, according to my mentor.
You'll love the FMADirect charger. The first time you charge the battery, charge it at 0.5A. I've heard that you'll get a little more battery life if you start out slow. Make sure you follow all the directions on the battery and charger.

Oh, I got one of those FG canopies. Mine is solid blue over white. NICE!

Hey Justin, I got your email, but I don't use MSN. If you want to catch me online I use AIM, username st8capt.