RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Unofficial" Vulcan 450SE, Pigeon 450, GL450 Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Dale_G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Unofficial" Vulcan 450SE, Pigeon 450, GL450 Thread

ORIGINAL: TEKoosed

Maybe I should look into seeing if there is a local club around....I really don't want to destroy the thing when I get started....

It sounds like it may be a pretty heavy learning curve....hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew...hahahahaha

Do you think I would be going over board with the 6100T....sounds like your mentor thinks the 2100 is fine....
Smart move. Getting some local help will save you lots of frustration and crash kits. I was surprised at how touchy mine was, and I've been flying a coaxial heli. This type of heli just plain responds differently, and more quickly. My mentor has dialed the expo so that control is really slow around the center of the sticks.

I think that for you and me - neither of us is anywhere near 3D - the 2100t is just fine. Heck, "the mentor" told me that a cheap telebee gyro would have been fine for me (but I like to have the best I can afford, probably like yourself)

Unless you're really experienced with RC, you're going to need help setting up the heli and the xmitter.

Oh, and I recommend getting a good set of training gear. Something that's about the size of your rotor disc.