RCU Forums - View Single Post - YAK 54 Crash during maiden flight
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 AM
X_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YAK 54 Crash during maiden flight

ORIGINAL: zul_cessna

As this plane very light compare to other plane in its 40 size, in the manual written 2c engine required is .40 or 4c is .52 and i'm using saito .56. I was wondering also because usually .40 2c engine required .60 4c engine. I have a friend fly same model and specs as mine but no problem at all. For the engine trust, as you see in the picture, mounting box at firewall comes preinstalled with the trust line and for the radio, I did check in front of me everything in order just before take off, but I wondering if the radio had problem but the next day I fly my cap232 with the same radio, receiver and battery and no problem at all. If say engine not enough power, the plane start to take off easily after few metres taxing on the ground. I did check everything also after crash, the aeileron and others, it seems nothing wrong. I only check the CG and did not do balancing nose to tail but everyhing I place centre of the body. Anyone please look at he picture of engine mounted, anything wrong with it ? Is it suppose to bend to left or right f the trust to much on the right ?
Maybe too much throws on the control surface? Makes the plane, hyper sensitive to inputs...