RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electrifly Extra 330s
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
wedgewing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electrifly Extra 330s

Carguy1944a:

I have a Rimfire set up on an RCU Bipe and have no issues with it. I had one on the GP DR VII that gave me fits and I wasn't pleased with it, so I moved a Park 480 910kv over into that model with some firewall modifications and it worked great. I am not an Electrifly Power basher, ( I see many more posts that mirror what happened to my rig, and I had it set up properly). I still trust the engine I have in my RCU Bipe and will continue to use it.

I think my trust or favor of the Park / E Flite power set up is based on trust and positive experience to date. It is the same set up I have within my Mini Ultra Stick, and I am incredibly pleased with it, so I would rather make a mod here and there to allow for the purchase of the GP Planes, and choose a power set up I like. I have a few engines / ESCs / etc, and sticking with the one makes swapping out a system easier if an unfortunate event like a massive crash would happen, or the plane drives me nuts

I too have read so much about the Mini Pulse XT and positive reviews were more responsible for making me purchase it. I have read a lot of Doc's reviews and advice, and I guess mine started off as a lemon with a tailplane issue, that I had to fix. The carbon rod connecting the elevator surfaces was never attached properly and I had to go in to do some surgery, because the parts were on back order. Stuff happens, and there will always be a quality issue here and there, so I am not down on the plane about that. I feel like the left out kid because I have it set up properly and the flight experience is less than positive.

The fact that I have it on a Futaba 4YF starter radio may be an issue, because I could not follow a posters advice to use expo to dial down some of the twitchiness. Truthfully, I think it is my plane, because I have very positive experiences with the two MUSs I have, plus the GP SU 31 profile, the GP DR V II, an E Flite Gypsy (modified with ailerons - another story), and now the GP 330s, and now my 260 3D.

I hope you have a positive MPXT experience. I like the e flite power stuff