RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 PM
JRexA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Pico TIGER MOTH - Flight Report

Tam Popo: Just got a little further on my Build. I am used the extended Build Instructions from http://www.m-a-e.com The instructions are written/compiled by a poster nown as ArcherAce on another forum.
I also got the Westport CD-ROM 25 turns outrunner from them.

I have currently set the Dihedral, using the Epoxy method, mentioned in the expanded instructions. Unfortunately I couldn't find any 15 min Epoxy, and didn't thnk I would work fast enough for 5 min. epoxy... I am using the 24 hour version.. Well, only have to be Airborne on Saturday.
I also couldn't find any Microbaloons locally, but didn't want to wait 2 weeks for that to arrive, and has tried using Hempel Anti Skid perls(used for anti-skid in boat paints) instead. I have mixed aprox. 2 parts perls to 1 part epoxy, and I have likely used far too much of that putty at the dihedral point.
Time will tell...
Curently I am not planning painting, it, but intend to colour it, used speed markers.

As seen elsewhere, I have slightly modded the elevator and rudder, giving both the rudder and elevator 50-80% more movement range, this should promise better manouvers, when I get that far.

As for my RC car, Racing is extremely Rare, We are only 2 with that type/size of cars, within a distance of 2000 miles or more.....
Price: It started as a used car with AM Radio, and severl Alu upgrades at aprox US$ 700 (New price, No Radio, No upgrades. Aprox US$ 1300). I have since uprated 90% of the parts, tuned the engine(new race ported head + stroker crank, now 29cc versus originally 23cc), I stopped counting, when buying a US$ 500 radio system...(Which can be had now, for less than US$ 300)

Back to my Moth. I have attached a picture of my messy work table. I found that a box of .22LR ammo is just the perfect weight, to keep the wing flat, without damage. (Yea, also have a decent amount of firearms[10+] and ammo[2500 rds + incl. .22LR])....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10354.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	789222