RCU Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

ORIGINAL: airshot

Sorry I am not that computor skilled to send photos yet. However let me try to explain better... snap off the rotor head so the rotor core with bearings are exposed. Pass a small wire (from straight pin) all the way thru both bearings, then bend a 90 on each end of the wire. The bearings cannot come off the rotor head core this way. Before you snap the rotor head back on you must cut a small groove in the walls of the rotor head to clear this wire you just installed thru the bearings. The bearings typically rest against this wall when snapped over them and room for this wire must be cleared away. On my falcon I used a rotary blade on a dremmel tool to make a narrow slice thru both end caps and center section of rotor head. this rotor head has popped off many times in crashes and the bearings stay on the rotor head core. I hope this helps, as a tool maker by trade, making things is easy, its these high tech computor gizmos that scare me.

Airshot
Thanks, that was a better explanation.
I guess I will shut up till I read some more. Man this is a long thread. I am only on page 19[sm=drowning.gif]