RCU Forums - View Single Post - the prefect platform for aerial photography
Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
JettPilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the prefect platform for aerial photography

No lose connections at all in that system, nothing is ever intermittent with it. Receiver is mounted right behind the antenna on the helmet. Having it on the ground made a big difference at 900 MHZ, not so much at 2.4 ghz. But I did not get a chance to do much experimenting at 2.4... I think my solution will be to put a ground plane on the antenna, this will be easy, an aluminum plate behind the patch twice as big. I can attach some wires to the ground of the patch and screw them to the aluminum ground plane. With that size, the head mount will have to go, but I can put it on a tripod.

The Liftmeister looks like a SWEET airplane Big enough to put a G26 reliable gas engine on it ! And a bunch of gas and gear inside. I think I could make that fly for 2 hours easy with the G26. If my current large plane ever gets crashed, I will be getting a liftmeister. The rascal looks kind of fragile and small for my needs. Doing long range FPV, planes eventually get into dives, etc, I need something that will stay together in a nasty high speed pullout.

JettPilot