RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread
Old 10-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread

ORIGINAL: DRAGONFIRE81M

it wasnot really fast with 21 t motors . i havent tryed the 15t ones bout about 15 mph i plain on going brushless and maybe put two of the 29mm drives like silver uses . i used blue rtv silicon on the mini's servo
yeah the 29's would be more appropriate, only issue is batteries, I dont know how people usually setup twin 700's, but you'll either need 24 cells or 12 cells and have to live with the short run time, she'll go like a bat out of ..... though
--------------------
You wont see the jet villain ever again like it is, I'm taking the cutting wheel to it tonight. Making what will be the Jet-villain II.....to quote myself.

ORIGINAL: Quicksilver

ok, this is hard to explain, but I decided a compromise between what I want and the way the poll went. First it's getting the jet drive, however it will be removable and be able to be replaced with surface drive hardware within 20 minutes or so.

It's really tough to explain in words, but the jet isnt going in like the other, I'm going to install the jet unit, with the back of the intake at the transom. So effectively it will be moved aft 2 inches. Most of the unit will protrude out the back. Then I'm going to lube the drive duct inside the hull and glass the whole back, glassing right over the drive, what this will do is, create a tunnel in the hull, so if I pull the drive out from underneath the boat will still be watertight, this gives me the ability to still use a surface drive when I want.

I'm going to fabricate most of the surface drive hardware from aluminum, but may buy a speedmaster strut. That probably made no sense at all, so I'll have to explain with pictures as I build. Kind of excited, but it's going to be a lot of work, especially since I really want to do this right once and not have a frankenboat.

p.s. with this setup, I could use the 700sc or the sv27 system, not a big deal to swap it out. and this boat will keep its keel, I'm going for light weight and speed, as apposed to ridiculous power and built like a tank.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36818.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	791049