RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finally almost ready 12.5" bbyracing micro jet boat
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
headhunter23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally almost ready 12.5" bbyracing micro jet boat

K I have a couple issues. First is the servo, seems its stuck in gear used the back up. Any ideas to fix this?

Real issues is setting esc in the boat. I'm having trouble picking a spot. I designed a spot right in front of the motor so when I add a small prop to it for cooling it would cool the ESC too. But wire wise it's an issue because I don't want the prop hitting the wires, on top of that the wires to the lipo's aren't great either. So thinking of redoing it, just need to figure it out. Might not even need cooling at 10-12 amps, so could hide it somewhere.

Another thing that kinda's a pisser is the lipo's, the way they are in the image is the best balance. Was hoping to put them all the way to the back of the boat, so instead maybe it's a good place to stick the esc and receiver?

Oh note for people using the micro deans. They work nice but I find there are 2 issues, 1. make sure both wires are set properly for both charger and batterys, and that would solve the issue of pluging them incorrectly as they aren't like normal deans where it only plugs one way. Also when your solidering make sure you don't let the pos touch the negative otherwise you will blow your lipo!!! (one down, still one good one).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99857.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	791245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33010.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	791246