RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP PITTS 12
Thread: KMP PITTS 12
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:31 AM
frankeldan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: KMP PITTS 12

Welcome Cat ..

Tripp- Did you maiden the Pitts? We all all waiting with baiting breath to see how you made out.

I did some some work on my Pitts. Got the wings 100% done. Next onto the firewall to re- fiberglass. I picked u some automotive grade fiberglass resin. That should work much better than the epoxy. It flows much better. I decided not to thin out the nornal 15 minute epoxy and do this instead.

I also picked up the Hanger 9 edge 25% and got started on repairing the landing gear. That's how I bought it. It's 100% except for the gear. All servos installed , gas plumbed, etc. All I have to do is pop in the ZDZ40 and I'm all set.. sure.. easier said than done. It's a pretty bird, but now as well built as the Wild Hare 1/4 scale.

The brison startup is solved. I went to a local shop and picked up a walbro carb rebuilding kit. I replaced the pump and the other gasket thinggy. I put the carb back on and she fired right up. That Brison sounds like a weed whacker on steriods. Verrry verry powerful. I have to be careful with throttle control or I will rip the wings off the Giant- U -Can Do. It's not made for that engine.. but what the hey.

So-- looks like it's too windy to fly today in the north east. nw winds 10- 15 gusts to 30mph.. Ehh maybe I'll take a ride out to the field with a spad for some fun.

Later Gents,

Dan

PS.. lets see some pics of your progress Cat. Tripp- videos of the maiden!!! ASIF -- where the heck are you???