RCU Forums - View Single Post - 25 size twin engines...
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: 25 size twin engines...

Just completed the re engine of the Quad Kaydet with the 25FX/ultra thrust and this is how the old girl looks now. Flew it last saturday and sunday for a total of six flights and the new combo was not a disappointment. Ground handling and taxi is far better now, in fact its a joy. Power of course is a substancial improvement over the Magnum 28's/muffler it will stand on its tail stage center and continue vertical untill I can,t see it. It was good before but with this combo its superb. Best part is the engines will ideal very low without hassle and the throttle response is much improved just as with the Oxy Moron. Best of all they all quit when the throttles are cut. Prop's were reduced from APC 9x5's to 9 x4's.

She's on the table now to get her floats replaced for the London Bridge float fly, nine ten and eleventh this month.

CanDo

A year or so back a local bought an Ov-10 from someone and I did the first flights on it which were fine with Magnum .25's. Its been a while but I think the span is somewhere around fifty inchs. I told him it may be a Uravitch plan built airplane but don,t really know. Did not appear to be an ARF. Please take a look at the photo, perhaps you can help with the ID.

Just acquired a perfect bash project. Its a wreaked ARF 46 sized decathalon of some sort. and been looking for a good starting point for a while. After completeing the Six Pack project which should occur in december this one will go on the boards to bash into a Champion Lancer in the last photo and won,t be a particularly difficult one either. It will get 25FX's/Ultra's

Spent a wonderful summer in sixty five training folks add on ratings in the back seat of one, a very memorable airplane so looking forward to this kit bash.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59293.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	793716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29317.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	793717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75102.jpg
Views:	14