RCU Forums - View Single Post - When does a RC plane become a drone?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: When does a RC plane become a drone?

Mith,

I'm fairly sure you've seen some of the posts in other forums here on RCU asking the how's and why's of small aircraft generators, payloads and stabilization, gps navigation, potential flight duration, max possible altitudes, and down link methods. Quite often they have come from Chinese locations, but others have come from the middle east. In every case quite a few people wanted to be "helpful" and give them every bit of information they could.

If there are that many people so stupid as to think everything they do and pass on here is going to be used for absolutely innocent purposes, or not expanded on for offensive intel platforms, then I just don't know what else I or others can say that might influence them to keep their mouths shut. If it can carry a test tube it's an extremely dangerous weapon. If it can "see" and report back it's just as dangerous.

I know uas products intimantely. They've been responsible, both directly and indirectly, for some pretty mean and nasty things. The technology used in their designs started out as generally harmless r/c type stuff and grew exponentially from there. You wouldn't normally hand a loaded gun to someone you knew wanted you dead, so why do people want to discuss easy to build upon uas designs and technology here in an open forum? This one is just a little slower to have the trigger pulled.