RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP PITTS 12
Thread: KMP PITTS 12
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 AM
propwashed
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP PITTS 12

I still havn't examined the interior but just a few things... First, I flew with cowl off for the maiden as well as the cf spinner. Just in case it had any bad ground habbitsand did a nose over or something. So those parts are still perfect. As for the break. All the fiberglass broke 360 deg at the widest point of transition to the fuse. I have a cone of fiberglass with a motor hanging on it. Like a giant radial mount. The impact of the inverted landing caused enough force to shear the entire cone off the fuse. fairly clean with a few tears. Luckily I was flying over the farmers field behind me and it had been freshly mowed so there was a bit of cushion. It's unbelievable how little damage is to the rest of the airframe. The tail doesn't even have a scratch. Crazy... I'll post photos when I get some shots.
Tripp

Oh, and BTW As I mentioned Mine ended up a bit nose heavy. My bats were place in the well near the cg. With this being said...I believe I could have got away with elev servos in the tail. Might change to that after the repair...