RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM
kereams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

First Maiden Flight Attempt #3:

Went to my flying field today. Beautiful morning. Did my pre-flight checklist and range check with the wife. Held the plane at WOT for a good minute testing all the control surfaces. Everything seemed great. Tossed her in the air and started actually flying this awesome plane! Well about three minutes into it the plane started acting a little irratic. Upon closer inspection it was because the prop stopped spinning! Luckily this time the receiver still functioned and I was able to glide her in. On a good note she glided in without power from about 150' of altitude with ease. I started checking all the normal stuff and came to the conclusion that the Rx throttle channel died. Crap...three times in two days!
P
I went back the LHS and the owner was less than thrilled to see me walk in with that plane in my hand, again. Long story short we ripped out the ParkZone Rx and gave him the ParkZone Tx to send back to Horizon for credit. For all the hassle he gave me a Spektrum DX6/AR6000/Charger combo (no servo's) and let me keep the LIPO's from the first toasted plane all for an additional $99!

So I am now all set with a brand new off the wall E-Flite 25a ESC, a AR6000 Rx and a DX-6 Tx. I will attempt my 4th maiden flight tomorrow and hopefully it will be perfect and all this chaos will be behind me.