RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Mariner 40 MKII ARF 62"
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lanier Mariner 40 MKII ARF 62"

This bird is such a great deal, and the quality is so good, that I know a lot of people are going to want one.

Thought I'd go ahead and start listing all the mistakes in the assembly manual so that those with less experience won't end up making a bunch of expensive mistakes.

Step 12: They say: get a 4" pushrod for the ailerons. I say: you have to use one of the 6" rods. (There's only 4 of the 4 inchers. They are all used on the elevator/rudder pushrod assemblies.)
They say: there's a clevis on both ends. I say: there aint enough clevises, you have to use a quicklock (see pic) and bend the pushrod 90 deg where it goes in the servo arm. (There's quicklocks in the kit, and they are not mentioned in the book.)
They say: turn the servo tray around from the normal position, so that the wire lead ends up aft. I say: if you do that, the recommended 6" servo extension may not make it to the hole in the wing where it's supposed to exit, depending of course on the length of the lead on your servo. I put mine in the normal position so that the lead is in front.
Step 14; (Float assembly) They say: The long leg of the wire strut will protrude through the float slightly. I say: The side of the float opposite the hole is solid fiberglass. I had to cut about 1/4" off the long part of the strut so that it would go in all the way and not knock an unnecessary hole in the float. Also, the holes in each float are drilled at different angles, so you have to bend the struts to get everything to line up nicely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64835.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	796897