RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
waydown2low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L

I'm not having trouble with the gear itself, but the gear box seems to be coming loose. The covering around the gear plate started tearing this weekend so I guess I will have to open it up this week and secure it better. The plane has never had even close to a rough landing and flys off a smooth fabric runway, so I guesse it is from vibration mainly. I got my second set of wings going and am having the same problem, a piece of a rib fell out of the wing this weekend again so I guess I just fly the dang thing to hard. I guess IMAC is just to hard on these things you know ( with the occasional wall, climbing inverted spin, torque roll, hover, etc.) but nothing like in the video on the website. I am going to just keep flying it until the darn thing fails and I have to retire it permanently. I love the way it flys and am not going to get another set of wings, just to much work to get them prepared. As far as the gear cracking, I wouldn't go with carbon fiber on the rough stuff, it has a tendancy to break instead of just cracking or bending like aluminum or glass. I bet you just have a faulty set of gear and should just replace them with stock in my opinion, a broken gear leg would probably just about total this airframe when it dug in. A great design and great flyer, but not so much great strength in certain areas and bad glue joints in most areas, but as I've said before, it is an arf if you want better, will cost alot more for a custom build job. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, just seems to be more upkeep on this plane than others but hell, we need something to keep us busy during the week this winter. COme see us Justinand bring some friends.

If you can't see it, don't hand me the controls!!