RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any Kits For .46 Engine?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Any Kits For .46 Engine?

I'm likin' that Seeker.[8D]

I don't mean to be whiny--but it's gotta have landing gear. Belly landings at our field = destroyed airplane. Praire dog mounds, yukka plants, scrub-brush, softball sized rocks--just too many ways to crunch an airframe. The runway is concrete.

Also that Venom looks good. You can pick up a Viper wing from Tower on Scratch & Dent sometimes for $30 or $40.

I was just talking to Flyboy Dave and we looked at that NitroPlanes Swallow. I know, it's an ARF. [:'(] It's cheap and it looks fast. I do happen to have a TH .75 engine lying around too. Me and FBD was talking about slapping the TH .75 on that little Swallow.[X(] That would be sick!!!

I can still build a kit for one of these .46 engines though. I got a Magnum .46 here that runs darn good. I had it mounted on a World Models Skyradier Machll. We were doing some informal pylon racing at the club. I clipped a pylon pole--running about 6' off the deck-- and it hit the dirt faster than I could say "Uh-oh!"

Also have an Aquacraft airboat engine that I got for cheap at the LHS last year. It was kinda doggy outta the box, but 2 gallons later--it's an animal!! I guess it just needed to loosen up a bit.

Both of these engines are quite impressive now. I realize they are just sport engines. Not a Nelson or Jett. I just want something to satisfy this itch I got. I think either will perform well enough.

Thanks for the tips guys.