View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SPADs

ORIGINAL: agexpert

Yawn,
Hey, good start. Way to make sure everyone know that you have the superior intellect. And although it bores you so to give you opinion, you still manage to come down off you thrown and revel us in your infinite wisdom. Your condescension is neither needed nor is it appreciated.

Just so you know, This thread never got off-topic.
Nope, that statement is just wrong. The OP asked what type of electric motor would be appropriate for a SPAD trainer. Your answer was:

I will say it again, ...spads are junk. That is my opinion.
Now how is that helpful?

You are indeed entitled to your opinion. And I would seriously like to know on what your opinions are based. Have you ever flown a properly built SPAD? Have you ever seen a properly built SPAD fly? I hinted before that you hadn’t. And as you haven’t corrected me, I’ll wager that I’m right. Don’t worry; I’m not expecting you to admit it. Doing so would undermine your entire argument and make it downright silly.

I could say that I hate Corona, CA. I could say that it is a stinky ugly place and that everyone that lives there are a bunch of meanies. But, seeing as how I’ve only ever encountered one person from Corona, CA I really don’t have enough information on which to base such an opinion do I?

If that hurts your little feelings, ...I don't care. …

If you only want opinions that support your insecure need to be validated, please state that in your initial post….

While you guys are busy kissing each-other on the backside, there are guys who actually want to improve their skills in this hobby. Some of them don't have time to avoid offending, being offended, being misunderstood, misunderstanding, or generally bothering with insecure wusses.
Resorting to insults, IME, is usually the result of having nothing to back up your argument.

The difference between you and me is that I’ve given almost every aspect of this hobby an honest try. I’ve liked most of it. I have balsa planes and I fly them. I have SPADs and I fly them.

I’ve flown helicopters and I’m not a big fan of them, so I don’t fly them much. But, if someone were to come in and ask what is the best gyro for a .60 size heli, I would not tell them that helis are too expensive and complicated. I would not tell them that they are harder to see in the air. I wouldn’t tell them that helis are junk and that they should buy a fixed wing plane. I would either recommend a gyro that I’ve had good experience with, or I WOULDN’T SAY A WORD.

I am done with this thread and hope that somehow the OP got the answer he was looking for. Agexpert, if you want to continue this conversation, send me a PM or start your own thread but hijacking a post in the beginner’s forum is the wrong place to spew your ignorance.