RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any Kits For .46 Engine?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:19 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Kits For .46 Engine?

/RCpilet:

Sorry, bigger is not usually better even with a Jett 90 LX. The GP little tony etc & Alley Cat are larger planes, along with a number of similar. All are good sport flyers, and some may get to 120 (yonnnn) I have heard claimed. A decent 46 in any old Q-500 will give you more speed and still be a decent flyer. The only true bigtger is better is the Jett 60 LX, but she comes in the shape and size of a 40, just performs like a very hot 60.

I have had 5 DC tsunamie's in the past years, and there is another kit under the bench waiting its turn. The last one I club raced in our open class and was very competitive with a Irving 50, in the 130 range, no retracts. Outstanding wonderful flying little plane that looks good. The new one will have retracts and the engine made for it, Jett 60LX. Yes, I expect to beat the Q-500s with sport 46, and the rest of the hopped up stuff, assuming that I can still see well enough next year. Its the best all-around flyer that I hae ever had in my 50 some years in the hobby. Yep would also hover and torque roll. You just can not go wrong with this bird. ENJOY