RCU Forums - View Single Post - Exceed Electric Truck Not Working
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:23 PM
KingOr28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exceed Electric Truck Not Working

********* UPDATE **************

OK, well I charged up the 7.2V 1800mAH battery up last night for around 7-8 hours. Well I woke up this morning and to my suprise the thing actually was working A LOT better than it was yesterday on the very first charge (I used a different wall outlet in our house not sure if that made a difference or if it was just that these Ni mh battery is picky about the very first few charges setting the memory or what not??)

I am really happy that it started to work this morning. Slo-V flyer said I could expect about 5 minutes of use from that battery, well it actually kept kicking for around 8 to almost 10 minutes which I was pretty happy about....

OK so here is the big question 4 you guys... What should be the next battery's/charger that I should get (mind you as I said above that the Manual said 6-7 cell 7.2-8.4V but there is 4 different models within that manual but I figure those specs should apply for all 4).

I would LOVE to get around a 8.4V 4000V battery do you think the RC540 stock motor could handle that power increase without buring up the motor? Let me know cause I'm real excited to see how fast it would run with more power, and also more mAH to last even longer!!!

Any help is really appreciated!

James who is "Happy it is finally working this morning"

P.S. - I forgot to add and tell you guys this, the responsivness was A LOT better today, BUT I was driving it in the street and all of a sudden it died and would not move at all, which is VERY dangerous when you are out in the street. Well I ran out there and turned the power button on and off again which seems to fix it when it does this. It only did it one time, but this concerns me and I see it as a flaw. Maybe newer better batterys may fix this problem, or however it might not and may be a seperate issue...