RCU Forums - View Single Post - G4 Beginner looking for beginner plane
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 AM
BeavenX5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G4 Beginner looking for beginner plane

Hi, I want to start flying electric airplanes (electric for now ) and almost made the mistake last week of buying a warbird as first plane (e-flite P38 lightning). I bougth the G4 simulator instead to practice first. Wise move...
After browsing through the electric forum and getting a few wise suggestions, I will get an easier plane in a week or two. Probably a HZ Super Cub RTF as recommended here. Second plane in a few month might be someting like the PZ T-28 Trojan RTF or a EFlite P47D ARF. Third plane will be the P38 if I don't change my mind by then...
Anyway, I played around a lot with the G4 over the week-end and did not find many planes with the flying caracteristics of a beginner electric plane like the HZ Super Cub. The most beginner plane I tried was the Hobbico Electristar EP. This plane is a lot bigger, heavier, faster and more sofisticated (6channels) than a Super Cub. The Piper Cub used on the G4 is not at all the same as the HZ Super Cub.
Any suggestion on what aircraft to choose on the G4 to practice for the Super Cub.
Thanks.