RCU Forums - View Single Post - new 3W 106 is here
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
fryfly
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 3W 106 is here

with the ignition it's just under 7 pounds or right at 7 pounds within an ounce. To me with an extra 6 cc's and with the power comparible to the old 120's (from what I have heard from others and read) and the loss of weight I'm very anxious to see how well it performs.
And besides the weight I don't see what all the worry on weight is these days is all about,were not running glow motors in giant aircraft like we were years agowhere we were worried about the weight and a few extra ounces.Today we have 10 to 15 horsepower motors pulling the same size planes weight wise the guys were flying 10 to 20 years ago in top gun.I don't think the weight is a factor today in any of our giant planes,that is just something that again is (old school ) habbit that is hard for all of us to break,if my 25 pound aircraft is going to complain it has a few extra ounces of weight up front with a 10 horsepower motor then I guess I should probably find another hobby,so until that time that it does -----I'm HAPPY !!! The possitive side in technology/power these days doesn't give me the right to ***** and moan anymore like we used to years ago about 4 ounces of extra weight,If I do it's because I choose to, so I choose not to--- with the power of the engines we use today it's simply not an issue anymore.