RCU Forums - View Single Post - balsa usa phaeton 90
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: balsa usa phaeton 90

You got good advice on the top wing incedence. Mine is powered with a saito 120, has ailerons on top wing also. Absolutely great match for slow aerobatics. Rolls incredably fast while flying very slow. One of my most fun planes. Another piece of advice you need to be aware of, with the stab set at 0deg incedence you will probably need about 1/4" down elevator trim to fly straight and level. Someday I'll build another one and put about 1 1/2 to 2 degrees of positive incedence, to match the upper wing. That should help line up the elevator to stab at neutral. I'm a little anal about things like that. But all in all its not really a problem. Mine lands at a slow crawl just like a trainer. Originally bought it unfinished at a swapmeet and finished it. Came out heavy at 14lbs flying weight. Still flys great. I think I can build another much lighter. The balance point I use is the leading edge of the bottom wing measured on the top wing. The best thing about flying it, pointing into about a 10mph wind and letting it hang there like a kite. When I'm landing I can hear cat calls from the pit about "You're gonna STALL". I just laugh. You'll love this plane.
Edwin