RCU Forums - View Single Post - OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...
Old 04-18-2003, 09:01 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...

Matchless, I balanced it according to the book I have on aerodynamics. I found the MAC and then chose a spot slightly ahead of the 25% back from the LE point. Just happened to be within a 1/4" of where I had guestimated to put the gear. I had routed out pockets for all the gear so it was not really moveable without making more holes.

As for throws, I am using the "it looks about right" based upon my experience with other small planes. I have three rates, and usually start on the middle rates and if its too touchy go down to low, not enough go to high. I beleive I have about 5/16" up and down on high rates. about 1/8 on low.

Thanks for the warning about CF and the antenna. I am aware of the possible problem, and the antenna runs right out from where the receiver is (under that box opposite the fuel tank) and up to the right hand fin. I will range check a few times before I test fly, but I am sure it will be fine. I may go to a whip if it flies good and I decide to keep it I like the hayes whip arials.

Thanks for the excouraging words guys, now I need only a good day or two in the next week and a half to make my test flights and get something on video! Allways down to the wire....

Andrew