RCU Forums - View Single Post - Some early digital proportional history
Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
dwaynenancy
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some early digital proportional history

Did anyone ever mention that the single stick (open gimbal) were all about the same size. I went to a contest in Alexanderia (sp) LA where I saw Jim Kirkland, Lou Penrod and Ron Chidgey all flying Kraft single sticks. They all had an impact on R/C. Super people. The last job Kirkland had was with World Engines. During the finals at the NATS I was a flight line controller. Two line of 5 airplanes each. Marty Barry was the first in line and Jim Kirkland was the last. As the flying went each flyer was in front of a different set of judges. Anyway, Kirkland was flying and Marty was up on the other flight line. I put Marty on the clock and he turned on. Only problem was that Marty and Jim were on the same frequency but did not have any flags on their transmitters. Jim threw his transmitter across the runway as he thought it had quit on him. I don't know if he ever found out because he died that winter. Marty and I talk about that anytime we meet. By the way, they were on 6 meters and I fly on the same so if there had been flags on their transmitters I would never had put Marty on the clock. Memories.

Dwayne