RCU Forums - View Single Post - PENSACOLA JETS PICTURES
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PENSACOLA JETS PICTURES

Mike:

Jane and I thank you for a great event......got a chance to exercise my Huff Saber before putting it to sleep for the winter.....

Glad everyone enjoyed the 8 dozen cookies, all gone by Saturday noon.....by request, gonna add some oatmeal CC next year.......

The motel across from the beach was perfect.........as were the crab cakes and bread pudding every night........and who can forget Vernon's breakfast, served complete with 2 tablets of Lipitor......

The field is unique, 200 feet wide, no lights, no obstructions, and about 5000 ft long runways.....with the ability to fly on any cardinal heading, crosswinds never became a problem, nor did the sun........all you see is asphalt....perfect for all the scale birds......

-------For those that weren't there, the shots of Johnny with his MIG-21 and Mike Pascoe with his L-39 are a bit deceiving.....this was not just a low knife edge pass......Johnny and Mike were in a close formation, flying northbound to the pilot stations which were at the junction of the N/S and E/W runways.....then right in front of themselves, they executed a tight 90 degree turn from a north heading to an east heading, while banked 45 degrees, with Johnny just about 24 inches above the runway and Mike in tight formation above him......full left rudder holding the edge.....absolutely some of the best brass balls flying I have seen.....if anyone has a video of that flight, please post......I missed it with my camera.....[]....probably the only field on the circuit you can do that maneuver safely......

With that maneuver, Johnny Kill You and took home the Gold, Ed......you better practice for next year.......

Best of luck with your new venture Mike......Jane says lotsa PCola hotties gonna miss that blue-eyed Naval Aviator.....

Please PM me your address.....I walked off with the freq pin...50(06)..I will mail it back......see you next year.......

Tom/Jane