RCU Forums - View Single Post - HH100T 100cc twin Review
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 07:34 PM
stirlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HH100T 100cc twin Review

Hi Guys,

Personally I dont want to hear about your arnts uncles brothers monkey that imports engines,
nor do I want to hear about the different types of this engine getting around, and nor do I want to hear about DA or 3W unless its in comparison to figures pulled on this engine.

This is a HH100T thread!!

Now.. I have a HH100t from Steven , I have run it and I am getting 5900 on a Menz 27x10 with the stock pitts mufflers, the tune is as it came out of the box and it litteraly took 4 flicks, 2 with choke 2 without to get it to start! (run in fuel - Castrol Mineral @ 35:1)

I am stoked with this engine so far. the engine Sucks like nun on sunday! so Stevesworld I would say either your setup was faulty or you did get a dud engine, as mine sucks fuel like crazy. I would like to point out that mine is a Vr3 which is supposed to have a new Carbie, bigger exhaust ports a 3rd Bearing and a new Ign module.

The Trasnition is really nice for run in fuel and no tuning and it is smooth as at both hi and low end rev range.

I will be flying the engine in a few weeks as I have a comp to practice for right now.

I will post flight reports soon but I would say as an honest report on this engine and not what my mum told me my uncle heard someone experianced but from some one who actually bought one.... I am so far very happy!

REMEMBER This is not a DA or 3W engine it is a cheap engine at less than half the price of the high end engines, you can not expect the same output as you get on an engine with lots of $ put into R&D as thats what you get for your money - a refined and very powerfull engine when you buy a DA or 3W.

With a HH or GRPro (whatever you wanna call it) your buying a chinese mass manufactured product that is aimed at the lower end of the market, and for that my expectations were very low or at least reasonable, I am so far very happy with how it runs and have no worrys about flying it. There will be faulty products out there and if you buy from one of the bigger or known sellers your most likely to get a good responce from them, I have had great dealings with Steven (sylvian - EBAY) so far and he has been good on parts for my DL.

If you want a high end high out put engine you must except that its gunna cost, and you should have a look at a DA or 3W etc. If you cant afford these and just want to fly a 100cc size plane try one of these, mine is fine..

I will post again as soon as the maiden has taken place.. Please do not post in this forum as if you know heaps about this engine when you have no experaince with it.

To those of you that have tried it, thank you for your posts and I hope you have some luck in getting any issues sorted.

Cheers,

Stirlo.