RCU Forums - View Single Post - J600R start solved!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J600R start solved!

OOPS sorry Kelly, I should have mentioned that my engine is WAY out of warranty and has been a superb engine. It was just the test of time and humidity that got to the glow plug cap contacts! Anyway it is most certainly NOT advisable to open up any engine that is still under warranty as that instantly voids any rights to warranty. As you said, I do have quite a lot of experience with these engines though not the PST line, but they are all pretty much built so that my limited expertise can carry me through an inspection. I will add that had I found anything amiss from that inspection I would have had you, or the Thailand factory at your discretion, do the repairs. Of course the repair bill would have been at my sole cost, and I was aware of that before I opened the engine. The moral here is that there was no reason at all to even contemplate opening up the engine, but for some idiotic reason I always do the it the hard way first, never suspecting anything simple to be at the root of the problem!!! My bad...

Len

P.S. they actually do have stores that will sell you a working computer