RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
WilliamT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!

I have just started assembling the Sportsman Aviation Spitfire 60 that I purchased over 2 years ago on a visit to Australia!
I have been through this thread and gleaned lots of useful tips from Mac and others, thank you.

I have been looking forward to assembling this model, but now that I get down to it I am disappointed with the lack of detail in the supplied "instructions" - if you can call the single page of schematics that! I would hate to being doing this as my second or third plane (it is actually about my 15th ARF), as there are just too many questions unanswered.

However can anybody please give me some guidance re installation of the elevator and rudder control rods? The lack of pre-cut exit slots for these is giving me a headache. There is a nice solid V-block at the rear of the fuselage holding everything firm, but this seems as though it will interfere with cutting the locations for the exit slots. Does it?

Also, I have thought about improving control of the elevator by using a horn on each elevator half and two pushrods wires at the end of the wooden pushrod. Any thoughts on this? I don't like the idea of driving those large elevator surfaces from just one horn.
What about dual mini-servos mounted at the tail, with their tops sticking out of the fuselage, and using short external pushrods? (A but ugly and non-semiscale!) Or maybe dual standard servos up front and a couple of Sullivan Gold-n-rods or similar?

Your comments will be most welcome.
Thanks,
Bill