RCU Forums - View Single Post - Range of Spektrum's AR6100 Receiver (don't make the mistake I made)
Old 11-27-2007, 02:43 PM
papajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Range of Spektrum's AR6100 Receiver (don't make the mistake I made)

I have been following this thread since about page 4 and I can appreciate the concern. I can only speak from personal experience, since I made the decision to totally convert over to Spektrum. I might have lost my mind, but the change-over will probably take all Winter to complete and while it is snowing outside, I will have a lot of projects to do! The reason for the change is for reliability and that "SECURE" connected feeling!!! Got why I'm so interested in this thread!

Now, I have not had a 6100 issue with range, at all. I do have some planes that I fly so high that it becomes a speck.......then just thermal back down.....and then do it again! They must be well beyond 1000 ft. up and never an issue (yes, the 2.1 version 6100). Also, several of my pals have a 6100's in their ALFA EDF jets and for sure they go fast, high up and far out! Again, I am sure that they exceed 1000 ft. in every direction without an issue.

Hey, maybe it's luck or a good batch of 6100's or our DX7's are from a good production run or our flying field's have very little air-wave interference or whatever! Like any new technology.....I'm sure that there are real issues that arise which need to be properly addressed by the Mfg. I would like to think that Spektrum appreciates hearing from you guys about the problems so that they become informed of these situations and that they can get them fixed. To me.....
that's progress! Have I missed in the entire thread....any direct response from Spektrum or Horizon?????? After all, you guys are kind of Spektrum field R & D,
so to speak.