RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
marktur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Bad Week last week

I was flying in about 20 knot winds 2 weekends ago... I was doing 125 mph upwind passes low on the deck...pulled up rolling.....and flamed out! Totally my fault for leaning it out too much...

so I was about 30' up....dead stick, 20 knot wind, and I'm right over the end of the runway...dammit....OK, relax....I got it turned downwind....no elevator - it stalled....I let it go until about 15 feet, and had airspeed to get it level. Dropped the retracts, hit the spoilers....made it within 6 feet of the runway....looked like I was still going pretty slow and nose high, mains hit the grass first...RIIIIIIIIIP! Dammit, ripped the mains out of the bottom of the wing. Top looks fine, although a stress crack in the Fuse, and the canopy cracked.

I'll get it fixed and back in the air by next week, but I'm bummed out - it's not "virgin" any more. I've been flying the poo out of my bobcat, and it's killer! I don't take the entire runway to land, and I've realized that it handles well at very slow speeds if you manage the throttle correctly.

I just bought the Cessna 310 (Top Flight) Twin - 2 OS 55 AX's - but I have not opened it up yet until I get the Bobcat back in the air. Should be flying this weekend, if I can find a canopy - Nitro Planes says 3-4 weeks! Anyone want to sell a White one, or know of a clear one for sale that will work?

Thanks,
MarK