RCU Forums - View Single Post - Some early digital proportional history
Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Doc.316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some early digital proportional history

Hello:
I have been folowing the F&M transmitter/Futaba Reciever incompatibilites. I have an F&M transmitter/Futaba Reciever. And know enough about electronics to be dangerous... I am an engineer and like to learn as much as I can. Ok...I know the transmitter "pots" feed into the encoder, the encoder puts the signal into pulse train with a sinc pulse then a varible time pulse for each channel depending on the position of the transmitter stick. This gets transfered onto a carrier which goes to the reciever. The reciever detector gets the signal and sends it to a decoder section and then syncs with the sync pulse and decodes the information. This decoded information is then sent to the servo by a signal telling the servo where to go. (If this is wrong let me know). For a new style reciever this is a dc pulse of .5 Volts that varies from 1ms to 2ms with 1.5 being the center that pulses every 6ms(I looked at it on my scope). If I am wrong on this please let me know.

Ok, from what I can tell the sync/pulse reset time is basically the first signal from the transmitter to the reciever. So one could either change the timing on the reciever or the transmitter? Also the Neg vs Pos pulse could be changed by reversing the diode detector in the reciever. So basically I would have to change one cap in the reciever changine the frequency of the detector and then reverse the diode making the pulse opposite from what it normally comes off. Is this what you guys think it would take to make them compatible?

Are there points in the reciever to pull the signal off the reciever so I can look at it? I guess I can just probe around but was wondering if they had factory points between the rf section and the decoder section.

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve