RCU Forums - View Single Post - Inverted Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Inverted Engine

I guess the question of wether or not roll stability will be affected significantly by altering the engine mounting, is really particular to a certain plane/engine configuration. So I'll start with it inverted. If I don't get too lazy, I'll try changing it once I have a "feeling" for the plane's response and see if it changes noticeably. Thanks All.

PS: No, Mode One, I am not a beginner in this hobby. Started in 1968 with a Cox PT-19 Control Line airplane. I became more interested in RC boats during the 70's and early 80's and with a long gap in between, finally started with on-road and off-road RC vehicles a few years back. I kind of have an inquiring mind, so I like to understand what's going on before I change things. It's odd that I should now find myself asking about inverted engines after all these years, plus working in the aerospace industry since 1984, but I am the first to admit, I can learn something from anyone, so I come here to ask questions from people more knowledgable than myself. Forums can sure be an informative place to find answers. Thanks again.