RCU Forums - View Single Post - Historical membership figures?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Historical membership figures?

ORIGINAL: Jim Thomerson

The real bottom line question here is, Will the AMA continue to hide model aviation under a bushel rather than promoting it? This is a very well established and entrenched part of AMA headquarters culture. I think/hope our new president will be able to overturn and reverse this thinking. It seems to me that this policy of nondisclosure, never sound, is very much less appropriate in the world of today.
But Jim the real question is, who is the AMA? The people in Muncie? No, they are just the operations for the membership. We are the AMA and the EC and Muncie have given the members PLENTY of resources to help promote the hobby. If the members can't do the actual legwork, then what's the point in having any kind of membership or unity in the first place? Maybe we'll just go with KidEpoxy's theory of turning the AMA into a vending machine of low cost products which you can choose from, but no sort of membership required. Do not put the burden on the AMA for not promoting the AMA, especially those in Muncie, that's all they do, everyday from 9-5. We the members are to blame and nobody else. Go talk to some boy scout groups, go build some paper planes with them. Go to a high school and fly on of those butterfly or something small on stage and pass out some black and white flyers. Get out and promote ... if you say the AMA hides under a bushel ... your talking about US and YOU.