RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Hot Hots Build
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM
kbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Hot Hots Build

Well, I just got and email from Steve, and the short kit and plans will be $80 shipped. The check goes in the mail tomorrow. This will be my first kit build in over 5 years, and only my second balsa build. My first plane and build was a Spirit 2 meter sail plane. Since then, I have been building and flying SPADs for the fun of designing and building my own designs, as well as experimenting with changes on other's designs. I've always wanted a Hots and this one looks like it will be fun. I've also been itching to build with wood again, so here we go. Now I just have to wait for the kit, then I have to find a balsa supplier. I was going to use Lone Star as they are just across the Metroplex, but they burned down recently. The only other supplier I know of is BUSA. Any Ideas on other suppliers? Most of what I can find locally is very soft and doesn't seem strong. What am I looking for in the way of qualities for good balsa? I'm going to have lot's of questions I'm sure, but I'm equally sure I'm in the right place. I'm fairly confident in my building skills, but am always open to help. Any tips while I wait would be greatly appreciated.