RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Scale build's got pics show'em!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 Scale build's got pics show'em!

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Ok guys the proboats are 1/8 scale with zen motors and they run!! Your talking about weight,a bigger wood hydro like 1/6 would be heavyer then 1/8 and the boat would be slower too.A 1/8 would be lighter then 1/6. Like I said before I can make the hump in the cowl like pro did with theres and notch out the top hull deck like pro too.Plus I can get a mod zen to,to compansate the heavyer weight differents. I know fiber glass is lighter then wood. I could use that miller as a plug too? Oh I seen worse hack jobs that run fast too.[>:]
Have you had a chance to run, or even see running, any one of the several gas sport hydros (Whiplash, PI, Insane, etc)? Have you been able to compare their performance to that of the proboat 1/8 hydros? Sure the Pro Boats run, and are fine for what they are, but there is a difference.

As far as weight goes, it'll be interesting to compare the weight of my gas whiplash hull to that of a typical glass 1/8 scale hull when it arrives. The Whip hull is anything but heavy. I don't think your generalization about glass hulls being lighter is always true. A well built wood hull can be quite light.

Also keep in mind that the Pro Boat is designed for the extra weight and size of the gas engine. The Dumas kits are designed for a considerably lighter nitro engine. Stuff all that extra weight in there and one or more aspects of performance will suffer.