RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where can I get a thin lipo battery for my futaba 6ex radio
Old 12-04-2007, 02:43 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where can I get a thin lipo battery for my futaba 6ex radio

Lipo charger
I have to unplug the battery from the mother board (done in the battery compartment in my Futaba 9C), but the slight hassle with that is WAY overshadowed by the huge benefit in the longer burn time.

During the summer, we often go to the flying field with the intention of flying until we run out of fuel/flight batteries/planes. And yes, there have been occasions where we ran out of planes. [X(] I have a full sized van that we fill with planes, sailplanes, helis and support equipment. So much so that the others have to drive themselves, because there is no room in the back for people.
With the stock NiMH pack, in a transmitter maybe 2 years old, we often got the low battery warning and had to stop flying for the day. This was with a properly charged pack.
Now that we have upgraded to the LiPo packs, this is no longer a concern. I have not actually clocked the 'on' time. I will try to do that between the next two charges, but it is build season now, not flying season.

Get the LiPo Tx pack and you will not be sorry.

Vince