RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Cajuncharley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Yak?

I just purchased the Seagull YAD 54 from my local Hobby Shop, and started a couple of days ago putting it together. I plan to use a Saito 1.25 engine. Unfortunately, the stripes on the cowl do not line up with the stripes on the fuselage. If I align the right side of the fuse with the cowl, the stripes on the other side are between 3/16ths and 1/4th of an inch off. If I align the left side of the fuse with the stripes on the cowl, right side is off by the same amount. I called Horizon today and they are sending me a replacement cowl, but who is to say it isn't going to be the same as the one I got with the original ARF. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your solution to the problem? Otherwise I would rate the quality of the YAK construction, etc., to be very, very good. Problem is the errant side of the plane looks like hell with the stripes being almost 1/4" out of alignment! I can only hope the replacement cowl has stripes that align with the fuse on both sides. I'll know by the end of the week.
Cajuncharley