RCU Forums - View Single Post - Global Freestyle ARF suitable for beginning pattern?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:21 AM
CustomPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global Freestyle ARF suitable for beginning pattern?

I have a Thunder Tiger .46 Pro and a full compliment of servos, reciever and battery etc that's been burning a hole in my draw for little while, waiting for a new model.

I also have a limited budget which has been holding up the selection process.

Anyway's one of the local mail order hobby shops here in Australia posted a stock clearance specials on their web site and the Global Freestyle ARF was there for AUD$150 which equates roughly to US$130.

I checked the user reviews here on the site and it appears to fill all the criteria (price, suitable for .46, patternish style, available here and good reviews).

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this model looking at if from a novice pattern perspective.

I'm an accomplished heli pilot and cut my fixed wing teeth on a Four Star 40 and I now have a GP Skybolt.

Lately i've been more and more obsessed with practicing better aerobatics rather than just blast around the sky. There are no comps at my club but there are several in my region that i might one day wish to attend after a bit of practice.