RCU Forums - View Single Post - New composite spitfire
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
grenader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New composite spitfire

Transatlanticflight.

That Saito is a thing of beauty. Just came home from a club meeting and one of the guys brought his. We are going to test it and compare it with the RCS VT 50. Both engines are supposedly able to handle at least 20" propellers so we will try to find out their limits. . We are both building Yellow Aircraft spits. He is using his FG36 I'm going for the VT50.

1 A Solo would be interesting to try because you could find the best pitch setting by just adjusting between runs. As an FG36 supposedly could handle up to 20"X9 props an 18" multiblade might work.
2 As to size 1:5 for shure, but i think that 1:5.5 composite Spit shuld be ideal. You just need to move the firewall about 1" back to fit the engines length.
3 Upside down is not a problem its a pump carb so it does not react to be inverted and with the inntake trumpet it will not make a mess by sputtering fuel. I'm just wondering about the lack of choke and how that will work.
4 well these guys http://www.warbirdpropdrives.com fit a 26" four blade on an DA50 using 2,6:1 gear ratio.
5 For the Yellow Aircraft a friend of mine is getting the exhausts made of stainless steel in a car tuning workshop.

Greetings from Santa land

Ola