RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 02:05 PM
JNohsey
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Yak?

Bubba, dyou still flying the yak? I left the wheel pants off mine and did some lightening on it. It is about 8 lbs 8ozs. I have an os 120 ax with stock muffler on it.
ORIGINAL: spoiler-man

I have been trying one of these out the last couple of week-ends. Seagull yak 90 with a TT120 pro engine header and beer can muffler Xoar 16x6 prop weight 9lbs. Surprise at how good it does fly. Rolling harriers, inverted harriers, flat spins and great inverted flat spins, hovers pretty good. I had it in a hover Saturday for quite a while and the motor leaned out the tale touched the ground first and then over on the wheels, didn't hurt a thing. I put a 2oz header tank on it Sat evening and Sunday it seemed to cure the problem with it getting lean, the tank is so far back from the engine that it is hard to pressure during hovers.
Pros- great flying plane 3ds very well and lands like a trainer. Good looking scheme. Good hardware.

Cons - wheel pants are to thin fluttered on first flight. Fuel tank is to far back needs a header tank. Upright harriers does have some wing rock. Landing gear and wing tube should be 6061T6 instead of cheap aluminum. I did bend a tube on their Edge in flight so I changed this one before first flight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38981.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	822009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33103.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	822010